Paint Inspection Gauge provides a useful method for determining the paint thickness of both single and multiple layer coatings. The Paint Inspection Gauge (P.I.G) is ideal for use on metallic & non-metallic substrates such as wood, glass and plastics
BGD 548 is a Paint Inspection Gauge which is suitable for use wherever conventional electro-magnetic measuring techniques are ineffective, namely for coatings on wood, concrete, plastics and other non-metallic substrates.
Testing with the BGD 548 is based on the standardized wedge cut procedure: The coating is cut through at a defined angle in such a way that the cut penetrates the substrate. The layer thickness (s) is calculated on the basis of the slope projection (b) of the cut face, determined using a measuring microscope, and the cutting angle (α),Similarly, the individual layer thickness of multilayer systems can be ascertained.
The BGD 548 consists of a black painted aluminium block which accommodates the following functional elements:
- Exchangeable carbide tip with precision-ground angular cutting blade (come with 4 cutters)
No.1 Cutter: Measuring range: 20-2,800μm（Factor: 20 μm）
No.2 Cutter: Measuring range: 10-1,400μm（Factor: 10 μm）
No.3 Cutter: Measuring range: 5-700μm（Factor: 5 μm）
No.4 Cutter: Measuring range: 2-280μm（Factor: 2μm）
- Measuring microscope with a magnification of 50 and a reticle(2mm with 1/140 division), which is also suitable for inspection tasks.
- Two pairs of support pins to hold the measuring microscope securely and gudie the carbide tip.
- Battery compartment for 1.5 V battery block.
- Combination of LED and fibre-optic light guide for optimum specimen illumination at low current consumption.
- It complies with ASTM D4138, AS 1580 Meth 408.1
Main Technical Parameters:
- Measuring range (standard)：2～2,800μm
- Power supply： 1 pc 1.5V battery
- Overall Size：110×85×25mm
- Weight： 0.5 KG
|BGD 548||Paint Inspection Gauge|
In India, we have various customers from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Indore, Bhopal, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nashik, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Allahabad and Ranchi in India.