Caltech India offers Cyclic Corrosion Test Cabinet. Prior to cyclic corrosion testing, conventional salt spray (a continuous salt spray at 35˚C), was the standard way to simulate corrosion in a lab. Because conventional salt spray methods failed to mimic the natural wet/dry cycles of the outdoors, test results frequently provided poor correlation to outdoors.
In a cyclic corrosion test cabinets, specimens are exposed to a series of different environments in a repetitive cycle that mimics the outdoors. Simple cycles, such as Prohesion, may consist of cycling between salt fog and dry conditions. More sophisticated automotive methods may call for multi-step cycles that incorporate humidity or condensation, along with salt spray and dry-off.
Within one chamber, it is possible to cycle through a series of the most significant corrosion environments. Even extremely complex test cycles can easily be programmed with the controller. Biuged CCT Cabinets can perform salt spray, Prohesion, and 100% humidity for most cyclic automotive tests.
The CCT Cabinet is designed to cycle between four conditions: Fog, Dry-Off, 100% Humidity (Model CCT only), and Dwell. Test conditions, time, and temperature are controlled by a built-in microprocessor. A remarkably simple user interface allows for easy user programming and operation. The operator can quickly create new cycles, or run any of the programmed cycles. The controller includes complete self-diagnostics, including warning messages, routine service reminders and safety shut down.
The cyclic corrosion cabinet has superior fog dispersion compared to conventional systems, which cannot vary volume and distance independently. A variable speed peristaltic pump controls the amount of corrosive solution delivered to the spray atomizer, while the air pressure regulator controls the distance of the “throw.” Note that purified water is required for proper operation of corrosion testers.
Space utilization is maximized and maintenance is minimized with the cabinet’s internal solution reservoir. The 120 liter reservoir has enough capacity for running most tests for 7 days or more. The reservoir has an integral salt filter and a built-in alarm to alert the operator when the solution is low.
CCT Cabinets can change temperatures exceptionally fast because of their unique internal chamber heater and their high volume cooling/dry-off blower. An additional air heater allows very low humidity dry-off exposures. Conventional chambers with water jackets cannot cycle rapidly because of the thermal mass of the water, nor can they produce low humidity.
Biuged’s cyclic corrosion testers offer state of the art corrosion testing technology, reliability, ease of operation and easy maintenance – all at a remarkably affordable price.
- Whole cabinet structure is made of imported reinforced hard PVC plates with smooth and flat surface, and is aging resistant, corrosion proof, and easy to clean without leakage, avoiding the disadvantage of color fading with time of GRP
- Introduces imported original TEMI 880 temperature and humidity controller,7″ HD true color LCD touch display to bring you dignity and comfort in touch and vision.
- Have 1000 sections of programs，Every section is capable of circulating 999 steps，The longest duration of every section is 99 hours and 59 minutes，Have the function of linking of 10 sets of programs
- With USB interface to transmit data
- Chinese and English for optional in the controller, and can display real-time working graph.
- Temperature and humidity control introduces the same channel coordination control method of P.I.D + S.S.R system.
- Heat and humidification through boiler,heating rapidly,Temperature and humidity are evenly distributed
- Sealing of the chamber：The chamber cover and the chamber structure introduces the water seal method to prevent leakage of salt spray.
- The spraying device introduces spraying tower (height of the top of the tower is adjustable), guiding salt spray with fine spray granularity, natural settlement; the nozzle shall not have salt crystal, and settlement is adjustable.
- Plug board and other electronic components are fixed at position which is convenient for checking and maintaining. With door lock open-type side coven plate, easy to maintain.
- Multi-ply safety protection:Oven temperature,lack water,double pressure adjustment.
- The saturated spatial air drum supply water automatically.
- ASTM B117《Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray (Fog) Apparatus》
- ASTM B368 《Standard Test Method for Copper-Accelerated Acetic Acid-Salt Spray (Fog) Testing (CASS Test) 》
- ASTM B380《Standard Test Method for Corrosion Testing of Decorative Electrodeposited Coatings by the Corrodkote Procedure》
- ASTM G85 – 11《Standard Practice for Modified Salt Spray (Fog) Testing》
- ASTM D1735《Standard Practice for Testing Water Resistance of Coatings Using Water Fog Apparatus》
- ASTM D1654《Voluntary Specification, Performance Requirements and Test Procedures for High Performance Organic Coatings on Aluminum Extrustions and Panels》
- ASTM D2247《Standard Practice for Testing Water Resistance of Coatings in 100% Relative Humidity》
- ASTM D2803《Standard Guide for Testing Filiform Corrosion Resistance of Organic Coatings on Metal》
- ASTM D3451《Standard Guide for Testing Coating Powders and Powder Coatings》
- ASTM D4585《Standard Practice for Testing Water Resistance of Coatings Using Controlled Condensation》
- ASTM D5894《Standard Practice for Cyclic Salt Fog/UV Exposure of Painted Metal, (Alternating Exposures in a Fog/Dry Cabinet and a UV/Condensation Cabinet)》
- ASTM D6577《Standard Guide for Testing Industrial Protective Coatings》
- ASTM D6675《Standard Practice for Salt-Accelerated Outdoor Cosmetic Corrosion Testing of Organic Coatings on Automotive Sheet Steel》
- ISO 7253 《Paints and varnishes — Determination of resistance to neutral salt spray (fog) 》
- ISO 9227《Corrosion tests in artificial atmospheres — Salt spray tests》
Main Technical Parameters:
Cyclic Corrosion Test Cabinet / CCT Cabinets
|Ordering Information →
Technical Parameters ↓
|BGD 886||BGD 887||BGD 888|
|Temperature Range||RT +20℃～60℃|
|Temperature Stability||≤ 2℃|
|Temperature Uniformity||≤ 2℃|
|Humidity Deviation||±3% RH|
|Sedimentation speed of salt fog||0.5～2ml/80cm2.h|
|Spray Mode||Continuous Spary or Period Spray|
|Spray Time||Can set from 1～9,999（H,M.S）|
|Work Room Dimension（D×W×H）||750×1100×500||850×130×600||900×2000×600|
|Total Power||4 kw||5 kw||6.5 KW|
|Power Supply||AC 380V±10% 50HZ|
In India, we have various customers from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Indore, Bhopal, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nashik, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Allahabad and Ranchi in India.