Caltech India offers BGD 521 Solvent Rub Resistance Tester. It is designed according to ASTM D4752 and NCCA11-18《Test Method for Measuring MEK Resistance of Ethyl Silicate (Inorganic) Zinc-Rich Primers by Solvent Rub》.The Solvent Rub Test is usually performed using methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) as the solvent. The MEK resistance or degree of cure applies to paint topcoats and primers.
ASTM D4752 involves rubbing the surface of a baked film with cheesecloth soaked with MEK until failure or breakthrough of the film occurs. The type of cheesecloth, the stroke distance, the stroke rate, and approximate applied pressure of the rub are specified. The rubs are counted as a double rub (one rub forward and one rub backward constitutes a double rub).
The test is used widely in the paint industry because it provides a quick relative estimation of degree of cure without having to wait for long-term exposure results. It has been reported that the tests of two-component zinc-rich primers has shown good correlation with the cure of the primer as determined by diffuse reflectance infrared spectroscopy.
- Wide voltage range design（110-220V；50/60Hz）, good compatibility
- Adjustable variable speed：5~150 c.p.m
- Micro-computer control, LCD displays data and set parameters.
- Parameters set freely and permanently storage.
Main Technical Parameters:
- Motor Power：60W 220V 50Hz
- Rubbing pressure：1000±10 g
- Rubbing speed：5-95/min（stepless speed regulation）
- Rubbing head diameter： 14±0.5 mm
- Rubbing Distance：100mm/120mm （selectable, and we also can offer special rubbing distance ）
- Rubbing times： 0~9,999
- Overall dimension：270×310×340mm （length by width by height）
|BGD 521||Solvent Rub Resistance Tester|
In India, we have various customers from Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Surat, Pune, Jaipur, Lucknow, Kanpur, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Indore, Bhopal, Patna, Vadodara, Ghaziabad, Ludhiana, Coimbatore, Madurai, Nashik, Srinagar, Aurangabad, Dhanbad, Allahabad and Ranchi in India.